Eleanor Mendoza Whitney has led worship as a cantor, sung solos, and led seminars & retreats in the Roman Catholic and Protestant traditions.
- Bachelor’s degree psychology from UCLA with an emphasis on developmental disabilities
- UC Santa Cruz Extension Diploma in Human Resources Management
- Master’s degree in theology (M.A.T.S.) from San Francisco Theological Seminary
- Diploma in the Art of Spiritual Direction from San Francisco Theological Seminary
- Over 15 years of choral and solo music experience (including 2 years of singing, instrumental music, and music theory studies at the College of Marin)
- Choir director at Trinity Presbyterian Church in West Sacramento, CA (2011-2012)
- Singer in Celtic Cross Presbyterian Church Praise Band (2011-2013)
- Cantor at St. Francis Parish in Sacramento, CA (2011 to present)
- In 2012, Eleanor co-led the Celtic Cross
- Frequent presenter of “Praying with Children” seminar for parents’ and moms’ groups
- Spiritual Director
Eleanor is well-prepared to lead funeral and memorial services, to sing solos or lead congregational singing, or to lead seminars and retreats on spirituality and prayer – sometimes including group spiritual direction and spiritual practices.
Her experience as a mother of three has taught her more about God and prayer, leading to her popular seminar, “How to Pray with Children.”
To schedule an event or an exploratory conversation, please contact Eleanor on LinkedIn.